Thursday, February 4, 2010

I ought to be grateful...

I ought to be grateful for the grace that has been bestowed upon me. For once I was an object, a vessel of wrath - one upon which the holy anger of God burned fiercely, waiting to strike me down in my unrepentant state. But the blood of Christ, the perfect Passover Lamb, has covered me, has shielded me, and the anger of God has passed by me and has let me live, free from the bondage of sin. O glorious day, the Son upon that cross He hung, and no one could recognize Him! How smitten, how tattered, how scourged was He, the Man, my God, to save a wretch like me? How can I not be grateful for His wondrous deed? He has earned me life before the eyes of God, and I must turn to Him, I must! I must! There is an irresistible desire to continually be at His feet, humble as a servant, to do all righteousness that pleases Him. Oh, the gratitude comes from the grace. Oh, how I wish I could understand it all!

No comments: